IMPLEMENTATION PERIOD: April 1st 2017 – March 30th 2018
DONOR: Safe Abortion Action Funds
PROJECT GOAL: To increase contraceptives uptake, with special accent on LARC, in post abortion period for adolescents and women from social vulnerable groups.
- To increase the competency of abortion services’ providers (doctors and nurses) in offering counselling on family planning and the post abortion contraceptive method based on women’s choice. A special attention will be paid on broader implementation into the practice the use of LARC: IUD insertion during the abortion.
- To ensure contraceptives supply and access to post abortion family planning services to reach that 100 % of women are receiving good counselling services and are leaving the facilities with the chosen method of contraception.
- To increase the community awareness on the benefits of FP and demand for modern contraceptives.
Activities under the Objective 1
- Conducting the workshop with stakeholders to share the Moldova experience on PAC including FP.
- Capacity building of service providers from all medical institutions that offer abortion care from the region on quality PAC, FP counselling and contraceptive provision, according to WHO recommendations.
- Development of the protocols on family planning methods, based on WHO recommendations.
Activities under the Objective 2
- Ensuring all medical institutions providing abortion care with modern contraceptives.
- Development of the mechanism of ensuring the commodities supply for women after the abortion by re-directing a part of the money, obtained from provided services offered against the fee to procure contraceptives for women from the vulnerable groups.
Activities under the Objective 3
- Development and promotion of the printed information about the modern methods of contraception, the importance and benefits of the use of contraception.
- Organization of radio and TV broadcasts on family planning and modern methods of contraception.
- Development and promotion of the on-line information (Web, Facebook, Twitter, etc) on modern methods of contraception, including an interactive forum to answer the population’s questions about contraception.
- Conduct the dissemination workshop to present the project outcomes.